I didn't set any official resolutions, well aside from the typical "stop eating like crap, go to the gym, care about your health" junk, however I have set a personal goal to spend more time with my friends. I miss them. A lot. We've all gotten busy in our own worlds and well, life keeps ramblin' on.
So I'm setting up plans, accepting more invites, and even though I pretty much already never have a free momement between work and my family - I'm going to start having more of a social life! Because dammit, I'm not getting any younger. Although, left to my own accord I am capable of getting plumper. Which may have something to do with the fact that when I'm home I really enjoy baking with my boys, but whatever.
And maybe a piece of this need to spend more time with my friends is part of my quest to not act like an old person. I am not worried about my age, most of my friends are around the same or just a bit younger, but it's more about not missing out on life. And about not putting labels on something as not for me just because teenagers like it, or because my mom likes it.
I think this goal comes down to I just want to live. And live well.
So if you've heard me suggest we take that Oil Painting class, prepare for me to hit you up with a date it starts. Or if I am always saying we should do lunch, prepare for my text with a date suggesting a time and a place to meet up.
Because I'm sick of watching life from the nosebleed seats.
">
2 comments:
That's a good goal!! Friends are important :)
If you ever have an interest in taking a dance class, call me!! I want to take one but can't do it alone ;)
When I move home (my new mantra), we shall take a Zumba class. And Wilton cake-baking. Oh, there so much I want to do once I am near my friends again. You'll get tired of me and have to screen my calls. Hahaha
Post a Comment