Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Clanking Of Crystal, Explosions Off In The Distance

2011 - another day, another dollar, right?

So many things happened during the year. Some good, some bad. Our first family trip to Disneyland, our first broken kid bone, a shit ton of glorious car troubles (GO TEAM HONDA!), a new home. For all the good moves I made there were plenty of mistakes too. Such is life, right?




I’d make some resolutions, but hey, who wants to put stuff in black and white that they possibly won’t have time to get around to? Not I. And like the overplayed hipster NYE anthem I used as my blog title (Death Cab) says, resolutions are just: for self assigned penance & problems with easy solutions. Yes, I need to focus on being more fit/healthy with my food choices. That is something I want. I need to not always say yes to every single favor asked of me because it makes me exhausted and grumpy. I could be more grateful for what I have in love and life. When one sits around and nitpicks the things that could be done better in this life there are plenty of improvement opportunities. However, the things that are good in my world far outnumber the struggles. I can't complain!



Things may not be perfect, but tonight I am going to be serving root beer floats to two of my most favorite people on the planet. And I wouldn’t change that for the world.



PS- Also in 2011 I did drink my first beer ever. Yes I am a sissy girl and I just don't like beer. It's icky. However, my cute pal Meggi did convince me to try a Lunch Box (a beer with orange juice & a shot of amaretto) and it wasn't too bad after all! Of course, I still haven't had another beer, but hey it could happen if someone doctored one up again for me.



3 comments:

Megistentialism said...

ha ha!! Awesome! Lunchboxes are divine! :) Happy New Year lady!

chariskalee said...

I gotta admit they are pretty good! Happy New Year!!!

Hilary said...

I'm not a beer person either. Just give me the orange juice and amaretto. In fact, you can hold the orange juice. ;)