As I lay here tonight I melt into my soft sheets. Sinking in, I feel at peace finally on this busy day. This place is a haven for me. My sweet pup lies by my leg and I can feel the rise and fall of his little chest. Our ceiling fan is sprinkling me with a cool breeze. My babies are asleep in their beds. We are alive. We are happy. We are home.
Recently I have learned a lot about myself. The things that make me tick. The things I despise in myself and also the parts that I am proud of. The pieces of me. Some of these pieces shine. Some of these pieces are so dull you can barely pick them out of the pile.
I think because I am in my 30s now, I get it in my head sometimes that I know exactly who I am. As it turns out we are constantly evolving and changing. And even when I think I have it all figured out, boom... something happens and I realize that I truly have no idea. And guess what? That's the best part!
Even though I still don't know it all I can tell you of a few things that I am: a daughter, a sister, a mother, a friend, a wife, a lover, a manager, a loser, a fighter, an overachiever, and a bum. And guess what? I am so grateful for the chance to screw up this life day after day.
"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart: I am. I am. I am." - Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
Salt Water
Today
I drudge
out
into
the
sea
Imploring
the
waves
to finally
wash
you
off
of
me.
I think because I am in my 30s now, I get it in my head sometimes that I know exactly who I am. As it turns out we are constantly evolving and changing. And even when I think I have it all figured out, boom... something happens and I realize that I truly have no idea. And guess what? That's the best part!
Even though I still don't know it all I can tell you of a few things that I am: a daughter, a sister, a mother, a friend, a wife, a lover, a manager, a loser, a fighter, an overachiever, and a bum. And guess what? I am so grateful for the chance to screw up this life day after day.
"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart: I am. I am. I am." - Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
Salt Water
Today
I drudge
out
into
the
sea
Imploring
the
waves
to finally
wash
you
off
of
me.

1 comment:
That's just lovely. Life is indeed an ever-evolving process.
Post a Comment