Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Sadie G. she's crazy, see?"




What if ol' LiLo was your family member? Would you look at her in the same way?

A relative, who will remain nameless, of mine was rushed to the hospital on Sunday night. My mother was with her and noticed she was acting completely disoriented and out of her mind. So she took her to the ER. Turns out, like our suspicions, she is on drugs. No one in our family has ever had a drug problem. So obviously this is rocking our world.

This relative and her husband have been going through a really hard time lately. He hasn't worked in the last two years. She has been carrying the load on her own. He recently came out to the family and confessed he had a prescription drug problem. So of course everyone wanted to get him help.

These members of our family have been bleeding my parents dry lately with all of the money they have borrowed. Thousands of dollars. Telling us of their financial problems. Everyone felt so sorry and wanted to support. That being said we had our suspicions that the other half of the couple may have had her illnesses too. She completely whole-heartedly denied it.

However, things just progressively got worse. She was fired from her job of nearly ten years for taking money. Money she told us she had "borrowed" to make ends meet while dealing with a drug addicted husband who had pawned nearly everything that they owned.

Well as it turns out they both have a problem. And it's not just pain pills, it's sadly more than that. I hope that we can help them. They have a child who is caught up in the mix of all of this. Everyone is hurting. It's pretty shitty. My kids have been asking what is going on with them. I've just told the boys that they are sick and trying to get better.

My relationship with said relative has been strained due to her being a super bitch for the past two years. And now it makes sense. There are a lot of hurt feelings I have been carrying around it for a while. I hope that when she is better I can forgive her. Seeing her in that hospital bed, completely unconscious, of course had me in tears. At least finally the pieces fit.

It's time like these that I wish I had stronger faith. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

1 comment:

JessicaNicole said...

Oh C, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can understand the frustration of seeing family members act this way. It will get better!