Monday, June 18, 2012

I Couldn't Wait For The Summer And The Warped Tour



Some weirdos may have taken pictures of themselves with their tickets.

As I drove out to our Pre-Warped Tour Breakfast I thought to myself that I am, unfortunately, not aging in reverse and... eventually I should probably stop going to crazy outdoor concerts such as The Vans Warped Tour. You know, grueling heat, dirt, dehydration, the kids. However, that day didn't come this year.



So, while I still am young enough to keep on keepin on here is a semi-quick recap of  our Warped Tour Extravaganza 2012.



We got fueled up for the concert splitting a delicious order of Eggs Florentine Benedict at Mimi's Cafe in Murray. So good!

Jessica with her breakfast.

Who takes pictures of their breakfast, hmm??

This can of purple stuff (under the guise of a big ol energy drink or tea or at least that was what we hoped they thought) may or may not have been shared in the LOOOOONG line to get in to the event. It also may or may not have inspired the words, and I quote "We just wanted to let you know that the music you write really means a lot to us." when we ran into one of our most favorite singers right off.





Arrival time! Best little Warped Tour attendee group that you ever did see.

Marta and I.
Jessica and I.
Marta and Jared.



We were fortunate enough to have some time to get to chat with Anthony Raneri, the singer of Bayside, one of our favorite (mine since 2005) bands ever.


Sweetness, can you believe this?


And also see many fun shows, here are a few pics.




Anti Flag


Senses Fail


Bayside

Mo' Bayside



Some of us (aka ME) were uber wise and decided to rehydrate with Diet Coke (only) vs lame ol water. Note this works really good if you want to have a "sick spell" and almost nap on a sand bag during an important band's set. It was a total concert girl fail and I hang my head in shame.



Jessica, although drinking DC with me, was smart and didn't lose her water like someone else.


All in all, it was a super fun day spent with great friends & great music. So glad I still haven't outgrown it, yet.


PS - I was going to upload a video, but then it decided it would take at least 7-10 business days to upload so I didn't. I guess I will youtube or facebook them eventually.





3 comments:

Megistentialism said...

Hilarious!! I love the sand bag nap! :) You are so brave! I tend to get cranky in super high heat, big crowd, chaos :) haha! But then again, I have never been a warped girl or big on those bands (mostly because they NEVER came through Oklahoma! dang them.) .... now usana country shows on the other hand... EPIC ;)

JessicaNicole said...

I love you. Thats all I have to say, but I s till feel like I should comment on how epically cuter than me you are. I hope the day you are too old for Warped never, ever comes. I plan to attend The Used concerts til we're all on canes/walkers, and I'll need you there to help me chase down my walker tennis balls after I undoubtedly lose them during a rousing rendition of blue and yellow.

Anonymous said...

This is a cute post. Me likely. To bad I am the old fart in the relationship and you have these beautiful young ones to hang out with. ha ha. Love you.